Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Black Chow

In an effort to keep a forward momentum I will be posting all sorts of things: lists, recipes, free-thinking strands, and whatever else I come up with. My goal is to communicate in some way, to write something, anything.

Cooking and baking have always been a big part of my life. My mother and both grandmothers were fine cooks and all of my sisters and I must have inherited the gene. I love trying new recipes and I love swapping recipes. How many times have I tried the chain recipe letter. Of course, I participate but rarely is this reciprocated. Still, I must cook and I must share these recipes. So why don't you try this recipe out. I made it up just last night. It's easy and you probably have everything you need in your pantry.

Black Chow
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn
1 cup chow chow (hot, mild, sweet, whatever)
Combine ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Heat and serve. This is also great as a cold salad.

I hope you will try out this recipe and maybe pass one on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment